Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Wheels On The Bus

I was just reminded about a song my kids used to sing in Pre- School called "The Wheels On The Bus Go Round And Round" and it just reminded me of how sometimes we need to just abandon things around us that do not Glorify Christ!! UnGodly people, UnGodly ways, and anything that identifies with the "world" instead of Christ...
So I think of the song like this -- the words are: the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round, the wheels on the bus go round and round, all thru the town...So I decided this is how my life is!! I am the bus, and the wheels on THIS bus go round and round, round and round, round and round...This bus don't stop for nobody, detour for nobody, it don't park for nobody, and don't slow up for nobody...The wheels on THIS bus go round and round...My bus only has 7 seats, One for Me, My Husband, and our 5 kids...Now, if You have a bus, You can roll with me, but the minute you stop rollin, don't be confused and get it twisted, cause the wheels on my bus go round and round, round and round, round and round...the wheels on my bus go round and round all thru the town...
I don't love anything in this world so much that i'm gonna park my bus...One year you may see somebody with me or talkin to me, or kickin it with me and assume that's my friend or associate, and the next year you may be wondering where that person is at, or where'd they go, why they not around anymore...well you can just start singing that song in your mind, the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round...and while i'm driving i look to the left or the right, and see that your rollin with me, then we can roll on, but the minute you wanna take a detour, go thru a drive-thru, take a look at something, open up and let some additional passengers on, just realize that we will no longer be on the same path, cause the wheels on my bus keep going round and round...
That is how serious I am about abandoning worldly people, places, and things...Paul says in Philippians 3:14 -- I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
So the next time you find Yourself about to take a worldly option or approach to something, remind yourself that the wheels on Your bus are supposed to be going round and round, round and round, round and round...Cease from holding onto worldly people, places, and things...
1 John 2:15 says -- Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
Be Blessed...<:((((><<

No comments:

Post a Comment