Sunday, October 25, 2009

Receiving Forgiveness From God

In order to receive the forgiveness of GOD, we must first have a true confession / admission of our sins...

We must have an inner conviction, a realization the we NEED help from GOD...for example -- Psalms 51:1-2 says: 1 Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. 2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. David felt convicted and realized he needed help from GOD...

We must also take full responsibility for our actions...Instead of saying "I sinned, or acted out of Godly Christian Character because YOU did such and such or so and so"... When we blame contributing sources for our sins, we do not take FULL responsibility for our actions and we leave the door open for the sin to be repeated...We MUST take full responsibility for our actions... for example -- Psalms 51:3-4 says: 3 For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me. 4 Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest. David took FULL responsibility for his sin with Bathsheba, he didn't say, "Well Lord, I wouldn't have sinned with her if she hadn't been bathing in my view"...

We must also have a repenting heart...not because of fear, loss, or personal harm; but having a broken heart, and truly sorry for the sin we have committed and the ways we have acted...We must have a change in attitude, and no longer be blinded by what we've done, but to desire to be cleansed...for example -- Psalms 51:10-11 says: 10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. 11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. David desired to be cleansed and to have his Spirit renewed within him...

In order to receive the forgiveness of GOD, the past sins committed out of the our mouths must not remain in our hearts...

We must be ready and able to RECEIVE the forgiveness...to receive means to take to take, embrace, and welcome (the forgiveness)... GOD gives us forgiveness and we have to receive his forgiveness... Giving is not complete until Receiving takes place!!!

Then we need to move from forgiveness to cleansing, and take the CAUSE of our negative past out of our hearts...forgiveness takes care of what we have done...Cleansing takes care of what caused us to do it... 1 John 1:9 says: If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

In order to receive the forgiveness of GOD, we must know GOD'S attitude toward our past... Isaiah 43:25 says: I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.
Forget The Past And Receive Forgiveness From GOD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment