Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Great War


Romans 7:21-23
21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death?

this scripture is so real to me... as probably it is for most of us! Every true believer, deep down inside, wants to live a life that is pleasing to God, but as this scripture says even after we are born again, our flesh (natural inclinations) continues to be at war with the Spirit of the Lord that resides inside of us...

My Spirit says forgive...
My flesh says hold a grudge & never speak to them again...

My Spirit says demonstrate self-control...
My flesh says girl, eat whatever you want whenever you feel like it...

My Spirit says give that money to someone in need...
My flesh says remember that Gucci purse you wanted? you deserve it, spend it on yourself...

My Spirit says spend some time with the Lord, read His Word, and pray...
My flesh says girl you can do that later Basketball Wives is on...

My Spirit says watch your mouth cause what your about to say is not in love and its unnecessary....
My flesh says keep it real and tell it like it is...

And so it is, this is the war.... Every time I choose to follow my flesh, rather than yielding to the Holy Spirit of God, I allow sin to gain mastery over me. But every time I say YES to the Holy Spirit, I give HIM greater control over my life! 
Have a Blessed Day & REMEMBER, Walk in the Spirit, not in your flesh! =)

1 comment:

  1. nice post... thank you for sharing... happy holidays...blessings soraya

    ReplyDelete